Τοποθεσία: Thessaloniki (frequent travel required)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 2 – The job holder will have sporadic contact with children
Reports To: Project Coordinator
- Oversee the implementation of a refugee non-formal education project for refugee children, incorporating both refugee camps and urban locations. Work in close cooperation with the project staff, key stakeholders, other departments and partners, and in compliance with all contractual obligations towards the donor and in accordance with the SolidarityNow SOPs.
- Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the organization. Support problem-solving related to education issues, as well as practical and logistical challenges arising in the field.
- Collaborate with responsible staff on the development and execution of project plans and monitoring processes and results achieved against the project indicators.
- Oversee the hiring process for project field staff, in collaboration with the HR department, per organizational HR policies and programmatic needs.
- Follow implementation plans and timetables.
- Submit progress reports as needed, externally and internally.
- Lead and motivate the team, monitor activities, and coordinate work.
- Collaborate with teaching staff and the Education Expert to coordinate the design of a curriculum tailored to refugee needs and support its implementation through guidance and review when necessary.
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partner organizations to guarantee implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in grant agreements.
- Employ resourcefulness in project implementation and monitoring. Identify and suggest creative solutions.
- Conduct field visits on a regular basis, and work and participate in field activities on an ad hoc basis.
- Perform any other task related to the implementation of the project as requested.
- Assist the field teams with the overall planning of the assigned project’s activities.
- Monitor budget absorption in cooperation with the Project Coordinator and the Finance department.
- University degree (preferably Master’s) from an accredited academic institution preferably in Education Policy, or other education related discipline.
- Strong grasp of education methods, terminology, and tools.
- At least 1-year practical experience in humanitarian response, preferably on refugees’ education, in a managerial position.
- Fluency in Greek and English, both verbal and in writing.
- Familiarity with project cycle management.
- Proven understanding and experience of advocacy and policy change work within a humanitarian context.
- Proven skills in networking and relationship building.
- Strong analytical and information gathering skills.
- Excellent writing and facilitation skills.
- Strong communication and representational skills.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Ability to work alone and on one’s own initiative, efficient multi-tasking.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Understanding of and commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
- Experience with institutional donors’ regulations and requirements, especially UN donors.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Project Area Manager_North Greece”
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by Friday, 24th September 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.