Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
The Accompaniment focal point is responsible for accompanying beneficiaries to services when necessary and agreed by Team Leader, to facilitate personal needs and identify critical gaps in the response and provision of services.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Assist and support SN beneficiaries
· Work proactively and effectively with SN groups to maximize the benefits for refugees in relation to prevention and response
- Work closely with Project Coordinators and SN Legal team to assist in advocacy outcomes
- Proactively provide an alternate course of action and contingency plans if necessary
- Excellent use (both oral & written) of GREEK and ENGLISH language
- Experience in a relevant context
- Protection and medical background
- Demonstrated experience in projects working with vulnerable groups
- Ability to work well with a cross-cultural team including interpreters
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to strict deadlines
- Very good understanding of human rights, global poverty & development issues
- Academic degree in humanitarian (Social science, Education, Medicine or another related field)
- First aid knowledge
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Accompaniment focal point _ Ioannina”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by November 25th, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.