Job Title: ASC Accountancy Support Officer – Σύμβουλος Λογιστικής Υποστήριξης
Status: Full Time (morning or evening shift)
Start Date: April 1st 2018
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 2||The job holder will have sporadic contact with children|
Position Summary: Accountancy Support Officer is expected to ensure provision of brief counselling on Accountancy Issues and support/guidance as for the beneficiaries to accomplish key tasks such as issuing Taxation Number and other relates issues. In addition, should be able to contribute to the identification of most vulnerable in cooperation with Professional Aid Workers (Psychologists, Lawyers, Social Workers)
Provision of Accountancy Support and Guidance
- Conduct one to one and group sessions with beneficiaries requiring advice and support on basic accountancy issues
- Provide advice for beneficiaries who are interested in becoming self-employed
- Support and strengthen SN’s entrepreneurship programme – through targeted training
- Guide beneficiaries to issue Tax Related Certificates
- Mediate with relevant authorities (in exceptional cases)
- Assist beneficiaries with tax equalization calculations.
- Advise beneficiaries with Social security system
Data base and Case related info management
- Registering cases and actions on the data base
- Maintain hard and electronic archives up-to-date
- Collaborate with other colleagues to receive and give referrals as appropriate
- Brief beneficiaries about other programs
- Contribute towards the identification of individual vulnerabilities to facilitate access to other aid
Required qualifications and skills
- Degree in Accountancy or extended experience (+ 3 Years) in an accountancy office
- At least 1 year of previous experience in providing accountancy support
- Be familiar with Refugee and Migration Taxation Issues
- Cross Cultural Awareness and understanding
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Fluent in Greek and English
- Experience working with NGOs or relevant volunteer or professional Service in the Social Services
- French Speaking
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by” Thusday, March 8, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “SN ASC Accountancy Support”
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.