Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Part Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 1 – The job holder does not have regular contact with children
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Provision of Accountancy Support and Guidance
- Conduct Sessions with beneficiaries requiring advice and support on very basic accountancy issues
- Guide beneficiaries for issuing Tax Related Certificates of Taxation Numbers Registration
- Mediate with relevant authorities (in exceptional cases)
Data base and Case related info management
- Filling and registering all cases and actions to the DataBase upon instructions of the supervisor (Project Coordinator)
- Maintain hard and electronic files archive updated
- Perform entries in the data base system as required by the above
- Other Duties
- Collaborate with appointed persons for CASH Support, Accommodation, in kind aid or any other additional provision available
- Brief and debrief beneficiaries for running programs availability and inform for any relevant change
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid
Required qualifications and skills
- Degree in Accountancy or extended experience (+ 3 Years) in an accountancy office
- At least 1 year of Previous Experience in providing accountancy support
- Briefly familiar with Refugee and Migration Taxation Issues
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Fluent in Greek and English
- Experience in NGO Providing Humanitarian Aid or relevant volunteer or professional Service in the Social Services
- French Speaking
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Part-Time Accountant_ Thessaloniki’’
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) no later than by March 17thth, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.