Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 1 – The job holder does not have contact with children
As an Accounting and Reporting Officer your responsibilities will include:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Perform accounting entries, update ledgers, and reconcile accounts such as suppliers and bank accounts
- Review the expenses and the payroll records as assigned during the reporting process.
- Perform monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities in a timely and accurate manner
- Register the supplier invoices, expense reports, payments and fixed assets and depreciation
- Upload the expense invoices on My-Data platform
- Prepare and Submit the Financial Reports & Documentation whenever is requested by Project Guidelines
- Perform checks in contracts connected to program and projects, whenever needed.
- Analyze and explain variances between budgets and actuals
- Support and participate in various auditing related activities to ensure proper controls and compliance with SN policies
The ideal candidate for the Accounting and Reporting Officer position will need to possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience
- Familiar with ERP (Navision experience preferred)
- Experience in the NGO sector and/or European Programs, budgeting, and reporting
- Knowledge of Greek GAAP (IFRS would be a plus)
- Excellent use of MS Office Suite (particularly Excel)
- Fluency in Greek and English, both oral and written
Strong analytical thinking, attention to detail and strong organizational skills, able to perform under pressure and deliver results. Strong communication and teamwork skills as the role demands extensive interaction with other departments and people of all levels
Interested candidates should submit in a single document their Resume/CV with an introductory text in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning in the email subject “Accounting and Reporting Officer”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than 17/5/2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.