Location: Athens (Nationwide Travel might be requested)
Contract duration: Twelve (12) months
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 1||The job holder does not have contact with children|
Position Summary: The Advocacy Officer is expected to update and coordinate SN’s integrated advocacy plan.
- Help update and enrich SN’s advocacy plan; help define new areas according to changing needs; and have the competence to translate overall objectives into concrete plans of action.
- Monitor the planned activities in close collaboration with partners and report on their progress regularly
- Communicate with other NGOs and actors as to build synergies and advocacy alliances
- Ensure proper flow of information upstream and downstream, through regular participation in the meetings
- Build a solid base for any advocacy objective by means of using data and evidence from all available sources
- Collaborate with the Heads of Communication and Programs within the frame of the advocacy plan
- Build connections, networks and synergies through regular contact with other NGOs and actors on the ground
Required qualifications and skills
- University or higher education degree in social sciences, law or communications
- Three (3) years of experience in humanitarian /relief service provision, organization or reception post
- Cross-cultural awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate
- Well-organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Native in Greek
- Fluent in English (both oral and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Proven professional experience in advocacy-related projects
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN Advocacy Officer_ Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Not later than by Friday 22th of December 2017. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.