Position: Advocacy Officer
Location: Athens (Nationwide Travel might be requested)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Part Time
In collaboration with the Senior Advocacy Officer, the Advocacy Officer will:
- review and produce concise and clearly focused advocacy strategy that defines the key advocacy messages, desired policy outcomes and proposed tactics of SolidarityNow.
- ensure the effective and successful planning, budgeting, monitoring and management of advocacy dissemination; provide policy and advocacy support to enhance the influence of SolidarityNow in specific targeted regions.
- actively participate and represent the organization in various networks, institutions and movements to share SolidarityNow position on various issues after in-house consultation.
- develop strategic partnerships with key players to elicit support for and maximize impact of promotional objectives; serve as a spokesperson and advocacy liaison to media organizations, governmental bodies, national groups, private sector organizations, educational organizations, international organizations, etc.
- keep tabs on research and use the channels of advocacy to facilitate the process of lobbying for policy making/change; develop mechanisms to scan and keep abreast of important developments and policy debates in the legal and policy context, regionally and internationally, finding opportunities for advocacy and noting comparative best practices.
- A master’s/bachelor’s degree in international affairs, political science, journalism.
- Proven experience and skills in planning and implementing advocacy and campaign development.
- Experience in humanitarian assistance and operating in an emergency context
- Strong Greek and English communication skills, and ability to write quality advocacy materials, and communicate complex issues in a clear manner.
- Research and analytical skills, Strong networking skills
- Ability to work in a high pressure and dynamic environment
- Ability to manage complex workloads, work independently, take initiative and deliver outputs on agreed deadlines.
- Excellent time-management and attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must be bilingual in Greek & English.
- Must be eligible to work in EU countries.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN Advocacy Officer_ Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Not later than by Friday 12th of May 2017. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.