Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 2 – The job holder will have sporadic contact with children
Reports to: ASC Coordinator
The Athens Solidarity Centre (ASC), aims to enhance vulnerable populations’ integration into the Greek society by empowering them and cultivating feelings of solidarity, tolerance, and respect among the different communities living in the centre of the city. The ASC has been operating continuously since January 2014The ASC addresses the unique needs of local communities it operates within and caters for all regardless of their nationality, religion, origins and social status. Addressing these needs demands an innovative and holistic approach, including strong synergies amongst partners.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a diverse portfolio of individuals who are looking to increase their employability potential, and need assistance to increase their capacity to seek and successfully pursue employment opportunities
- Provide professional employability, job matching and career management services and advice.
- Provide basic information, advice, guidance, and capacity development to individuals, tailored to their profile and career goals (including: basic IT skills, interview and presentation skills, soft-skills development, CV-building, job searching, contextual information related to the Greek labour market, etc.)
- Seek, analyse, and prioritise current employment and training opportunities.
- Use labour market information to seek and create partnerships and collaborations with potential employers and job-seeking platforms, creating further employment opportunities appropriate to the needs of the prospective job-seekers.
- Match profile and skills of prospective job-seekers to available vacancies in SN or other suitable vacancies and opportunities.
- Conduct detailed and regular job analyses to gain an understanding and provide guidance and advice on reasonable adjustments to maximise the likelihood of successful and sustainable employment. Maintain and encourage appropriate referral pathways.
- Reach out to potential employees to be aware of all openings and become first point of contact
- Carry out information sessions with varied groups of people
- Maintain a Management system (e.g. CRM), case notes and other electronic files and records to a high standard to ensure that progress and relevant data are documented and reported in accordance with quality standards.
- Write reports on progress and provide insights and recommendations on improvements and revisions as needed.
Required qualifications & skills
- Previous relevant experience in employment support, capacity building, and/or training of vulnerable individuals
- Excellent case management skills and track record of delivering quality services to a large pool of beneficiaries
- Knowledge of the Greek labour market, and how to navigate it to better match opportunities with the profile and skills of a candidate
- Knowledge of employment Legislation and labor rights
- Well organised, structured, and self-disciplined, with excellent time-management skills
- Recruitment experience will be considered an asset
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- Good networking and relationship management skills.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
Desirable Skills & Attributes:
- Education in the career development, education, social service and/or human service related field
- Experience of employment support for people with disabilities (physical and/or mental health).
- Knowledge and experience in employment Law
- Experience with and knowledge of the NGO sector in Greece.
- Prior use of CRM software
- Knowledge of French language (both written and spoken)
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “ASC Employability Officer”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by June 10th, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.