Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 1 – The job holder does not have contact with children
As an Assistant Accountant, you will perform accounting entries and filing. You will also assist with the monthly closings and account analysis.
- Perform accounting entries, update ledgers and reconcile accounts
- Support the preparation and coordination of the audit process, as well as the internal financial controls and procedures
- Ensure all assigned reconciliations are prepared and reviewed accurately
- Communicate on a regular basis with vendors, reconciling accounts and following up on payments
- Support month-end and year-end process and financial reports
- Ad hoc requests, as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or Finance
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience
- Familiar with ERP (Navision experience preferred)
- Knowledge of Greek GAAP (IFRS would be a plus)
- Excellent use of MS Office Suite (particularly Excel)
- Fluency in Greek and English, both oral and written
- Strong analytical thinking, attention to detail
- Able to perform under pressure and deliver results
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to challenge processes and implement improved working methods
Interested candidates should submit in a single document their Resume/CV with an introductory text in English to: email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Assistant Accountant”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by October 15th, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.