Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 –The job holder will have regular contact with children.
Reports to: ASC Coordinator
Provision of comprehensive accountancy support and guidance to vulnerable individuals.
- Provision of Accountancy Support and Guidance
- Conduct Sessions with beneficiaries requiring advice and support on basic accountancy issues.
- Guide beneficiaries for issuing Tax Related Certificates of Taxation Numbers Registration.
- Mediate with relevant authorities (in exceptional cases).
- Provide information about guidance to access welfare and other benefits.
- Support the completion of tax declarations.
- Data base and Case related info management
- Filling and registering information to ASC database.
- Perform entries in the database as required.
- Provide information to other SN staff about accountancy and benefits procedures.
- Inform Senior Management about contextual challenges and issues to be pursued with advocacy / policy actions.
- Carry out other relevant tasks as required.
- Degree in Accountancy or extended experience (+ 3 Years) in an accountancy office.
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Taxation Issues.
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility.
- Computer literate & numerate.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Excellent interpersonal & communications skills.
- Fluent in Greek and English.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “ASC Accountant_ Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) no later than September 28th, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.