Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – Job holder will have regular contact with children.
Reports To: ASC Reception Manager
- Provides clear and accurate in-person interpretation, during individual sessions with the beneficiaries in languages: Farsi, Dari, Urdu, Pashtu
- Provides clear and accurate interpretation, during info-sessions, briefings, training etc.
- Ensure that accurate and precise information is shared with beneficiaries in an understandable and culturally appropriate manner.
- Provides written translation of documents to select languages.
- In collaboration with ASC staff, accompanies beneficiaries to public services.
- In coordination with other team colleagues, ensures that all beneficiaries feel comfortable and safe to share their concerns freely.
- Respects the code of conduct of the organization, with emphasis on confidentiality.
- Supports ASC community engagement and outreach efforts.
- Provides interpretation services through phone calls or remotely, when needed.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned by the respective ASC Coordinator
- Excellent command of Farsi, Dari, Urdu, Pashtu
- Excellent command of Greek and/or English language
- Minimum two-year professional experience as an interpreter or cultural mediator
- Familiar with protection issues related to refugee population.
- High professional ethics
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support and respect.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in multi-ethnic environment; Cross Culturally Aware and flexible.
- Well organized and efficient, flexible, able to handle pressure well and adapt in different working environments.
- Computer literacy
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “ASC Interpreter Farsi_Dari Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) no later than August 4th, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.