Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – Job holder will have regular contact with children.
Reports To: Senior Social Worker
The Social worker is responsible for the provision of quality and comprehensive social services to vulnerable individuals within the Athens Solidarity Centre.
- Provide a comprehensive package of social services to ASC beneficiaries (in person and remotely)
- Provide case management for child protection and SGBV cases and liaise with competent authorities and professionals as required.
- Preparation of relevant documentation to support asylum and other processes as required by each beneficiary.
- Identify vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid, with particular attention to different vulnerabilities of men, women, boys, and girls.
- Close collaboration with other ASC services to respond to holistic needs of each individual.
- External referrals and access facilitation for (amongst others) welfare and medical services.
- Accompaniment for particularly vulnerable cases (children, pregnancies etc.).
- Preparation of internal reports and collection and uploading of information in ASC database.
- Ensure smooth cooperation and collaboration with other services, both within SolidarityNow and with other organisations.
- Support outreach efforts and the establishment of partnerships with other actors.
- Represent ASC and SN in relevant working groups, national and international fora.
- University degree (preferably Master’s) from an accredited academic institution, in Social Workers Degree, as well as Social Worker Permission of Work.
- Extended experience in similar position, supporting vulnerable groups.
- Understanding and willingness to promote gender equality and understand different vulnerabilities, needs and capacities of men, women, boys and girls.
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Excellent interpersonal & communications skills.
- Fluent in English and Greek (both written and spoken).
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “ASC Social Worker_ Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) no later than August 4th, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.