Job Title : Blue Dot Social Worker – Kοινωνικός Λειτουργός
Status: Full Time
Locations: Athens Community Center
Position Summary: The Social Worker is expected to provide psychosocial support, assess the needs, ensure proper case management for Blue Dot beneficiaries or referred beneficiaries on site while identifying vulnerabilities as to link up eligible cases with support and aid available
Position within the Organization:
Reports to: Project Manager
Social Services Provision
- Provide comprehensive package of Social Services to refugees.
- Providing F2F Counseling, Guidance
- Ensure referrals internally and externally
- Identify vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid
Data base and Case related info management
- Brief and Full Social History taking
- Collaborate with other actors in the area (public sector, NGOs and INGOs) to link the beneficiary with the services needed
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide a comprehensive case plan for beneficiaries
- Organise group activities for beneficiaries aiming to their empowerment
- Promote community engagement through structured activities
Required qualifications and skills
- Social Workers Degree
- Social Workers Permission of Work
- 1 year experience in Relevant Position (at least 6 months in project serving refugees and migrants population)
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues (Asylum processes, Relocation –new Law)
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Native in Greek
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Field Working Experience entry points, Camps/Temporary Settlement or mobile units serving refugee population
- Specific Studies or Proven Engagement in Refugee Focused Projects (e.g Assessments, Surveys, Missions in Islands or to the borders)
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by Friday, September 15th, 2017, mentioning in the email subject “SN Social Worker_UNICEF”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.