Call for trainers – Terms of Reference
MY SITE is a project funded by Erasmus+, that aims to train youth residing in Greece – regardless of their background – and help them acquire the tools and skills needed to further develop their business idea and become successful entrepreneurs. The overall objective is to promote entrepreneurship as a means towards social inclusion and integration for both Greeks and third- country nationals, who are often excluded from the labour market thus inhibiting social interaction and exchange.
The project is co-developed and implemented by NGOs and their partners in 5 EU countries (Spain, Italy, Malta, Cyprus, and Greece).
The project includes an entrepreneurship training scheme, complemented by pro-bono mentoring. We are looking for a trainer to cover the following topics (please see accompanying “Training Modules” for a detailed description of the topics and corresponding sessions):
- 25 hours of training, covering the following topics:
o finding your niche
o business plan development
o financial management and accounting principles
o communications & marketing
o funding opportunities
- trainings will be conducted in group sessions of 25 participants
- trainings will be conducted in English
Trainer’s profile, tasks & responsibilities:
- adequately prepare to conduct each session ahead of time (prepare PowerPoint presentations, accompanying material and handouts etc., as needed)
- share all training material developed (PowerPoint presentations, handouts, etc.) with the project manager, to accompany reports submitted to the EC
- be informed of the profile of the participants, and be able to adapt the curriculum and teaching style accordingly if needed, to maximize engagement
- show cultural sensitivity and acceptance of different cultures and backgrounds, and adapt teaching style (e.g. examples or illustrations provided) accordingly
- make sure that the material needed for each session is available in the classroom before the start of the session (flipchart, markers, projector, screen, etc.)
- collect attendance sheets and feedback forms from participants, following the completion of each session
- conduct the training session and answer any questions that may arise, looking up any new information if needed
- assist participants in filling in their business model canvases (during the time allocated in each session) and provide guidance when needed
- collect the business model canvases of all participants, when the training is concluded
- communicate and collaborate with the project manager, to collectively identify, address and resolve any risks or challenges during the implementation
- be able to show some flexibility, if needed and upon confirmation, to adapt and change the structure and/or schedule of the training, under unforeseen developments
Trainings are currently scheduled to start in the beginning of March and will last for 5 weeks total. Training will be conducted in afternoon sessions (proposed time 16:00 -18:30). 25 individuals will be selected to participate in the training and mentoring scheme. All courses will be conducted in English.
Request for Proposals for external trainer
As part of the EC-funded (through Erasmus+) project “My Site”, we are looking for an external trainer to conduct some entrepreneurship-related trainings.
The training will be conducted once (1 cycle) in March and April, and will last for 5 weeks (2x per week for 2.5hours per session).
You may find attached a brief description of the project and what we are looking for in a trainer (Terms of Reference), as well as the curriculum outline, for your reference.
For further information, please contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The call is open until 25/2/2019
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.