Starting Date: ASAP
Status: part time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
Reports To: ILC Coordinator
The RSC Facilitator provides educational activities and creative engagement of children beneficiaries of the Integration Learning Centers under the guidance and instructions of the Integration Learning Center Coordinator. The RSC Facilitator must cultivate an atmosphere of respect and appreciation among children and respect the skills and cultural background of each. He/ She should promote fair play, collaboration, and critical thinking. He/She is finally responsible for the supervision of the space in which he/she performs his/her duties during working hours.
- Ensure a safe and child-friendly atmosphere within the Recreational Space for Children
- Design a variety of games and activities within the Recreational Space catering to the needs of children of different ages, genders, abilities and cultures
- Ensure that children feel comfortable, safe, and respected
- Liaise with parents and the community regularly to keep them informed of any developments or problems within the Recreational Space and surrounding areas
- Screen for and monitor protection needs and gaps in and around the Recreational Space
- Ensure activities consistent with program guidelines
- Perform administrative procedures related to the activities in the RSC
- Other tasks as requested by her/his line manager
- University Degree in Social Sciences /Primary Education (i.e., Education, Psychology, Social Work, etc)
- At least one (1) year experience in working with migrant/refugee children
- Fluency in Greek and English. Knowledge of French/Farsi will be highly appreciated.
- Good communication and facilitation skills
- Cross cultural awareness and flexibility
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “RSC Facilitator_ ILC Ioannina”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by 10th April , 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.