Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 2 – The job holder will have sporadic contact with children
Reports To: Education Expert, Project Coordinator
- Contribute to the design and consolidation of capacity-building material for children and parents aiming at the development of soft and life skills, focusing on parenting and children’s rights education;
- Create and disseminate material to sensitize children and parents on their rights and obligations;
- Design group awareness and empowerment activities promoting civic engagement and democratic citizenship for children of all ages;
- Provide training for field teams including teachers, psychologists and social scientists as well as project partners across Greece with materials relevant to their specialties and identified needs;
- Support field teams with the designing of individualized approach for children with psychosocial and/or special educational needs and/or disabilities including parenting plan;
- In collaboration with the Education expert organize and facilitate capacity building and awareness spreading activities towards public schools, local parents’ and teachers’ associations, municipalities, and volunteer associations in the regions where the project operates;
- Undertake research, needs assessments and regular service mapping of relevant stakeholders;
- Monitor the activities and the results achieved against the project indicators, in collaboration with Project Coordinator, Project Area Managers, MEAL Manager and Education Expert;
- Participate in the development of project reports and papers as appropriate;
- Participate in the development of educational materials, training manuals, newsletters, etc., as appropriate to the project;
- Perform any other tasks related to the implementation of the educational aspect of project as requested by the Project Coordinator.
- University degree (preferably Master’s) from an accredited academic institution in Social Sciences, Education, Psychology, Social Work, Gender Studies, or any other relevant field.
- Minimum two years of professional experience in designing life skills curricula for children and implementing activities for vulnerable social groups.
- Excellent knowledge of children’s rights, gender equality, parenting
- Previous experience in working with migrant/refugee population.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in Greek and English. Knowledge of Arabic/Farsi will be highly appreciated.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word business software.
- Cross cultural awareness and flexibility.
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work under a distance-management scheme;
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate;
- Energetic, enthusiastic and able to motivate others;
- Demonstrating high cultural sensitivity.
- Experience in community mobilization
- Cross-cultural awareness and flexibility
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN Child Rights, Gender Equality and Parental Counselling Officer”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by October 06th, 2021.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.