Τοποθεσία: Athens or Thessaloniki (frequent travel across mainland Greece required)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time/ Fixed term
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
The post holder is responsible for the successful coordination of ACE Program in the region of Greece under the guidance of the Project Coordinator. She/he will multitask, perform vigorous follow-up and get directly involved in the implementation of different activities related to the beneficiaries of the project, as well as the supervision and capacity-building of the teams.
- Plans, coordinates and designs curricula for the educational project; researches and defines educational goals, objectives, and methodologies to meet program goals
- Provides guidance, training and capacity building to the teams of SN educators, and partners across Greece; collects best practices emerging from the field, and disseminates accordingly.
- Determines formats and approaches to achieve the educational project objectives; defines needs of target population; researches trends at the national and state level, as appropriate to the position
- Oversees educational activities, to meet the requirements of the donor and the project’s targets
- Monitors the activities and the results achieved against the project indicators, in collaboration with Project Coordinator, Project Area Managers and MEAL Manager
- Participates in educational working groups, meetings with donor and other stakeholders
- Participates in the development and/or revision of the project proposal; prepares reports and papers as appropriate
- Participates in the development of educational materials, training manuals, newsletters, etc., as appropriate to the project
- Performing any other tasks related to the implementation of the educational aspect of project as requested by the Project Coordinator or the Project Managers
- University degree (preferably Master’s or PhD) from an accredited academic institution in Education, with a specialization in refugee education.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in relevant position.
- Previous experience in working with migrant/refugee population.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in Greek and English.
- Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Knowledge of the educational environment in Greece. Institutional donors’ regulations and requirements will be appreciated.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word business software.
- Cross-cultural awareness and flexibility.
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work under a distance-management scheme;
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate;
- Energetic, enthusiastic and able to motivate others;
- Demonstrating high cultural sensitivity.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Education Expert_ Athens or Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) no later than by 18th of February, 2024.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.