Job title: Educational Officer (Greek language)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
|Level 3||The job holder will have regular contact with children|
- Provide Greek language classes, according to refugee and migrant population needs
- Expand and build on the existing educational curriculum that targets and addresses the needs of different age groups of children, youth and adults
- Organize and provide educational material according to the population’s needs
- Update and maintain effective workplans
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy
- Support educational, recreational and other psychosocial activities
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate referrals to available support
- Communicate with management, draft and submit project reports
- Provide support to other teachers in line with project objectives
- Ensure tracking and reporting of all educational activities
- Degree – Bachelor degree in Education (any subject) or Greek Language and Literature
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Intercultural Education or Teaching Greek as a second/foreign language will be preferred
- 3 years’ experience in educational efforts, create learning plans, develop, implement and monitor key education plans
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration
- Native in Greek and preferably English
- At least 2 years of professional experience in educational programs for refugees or rural/vulnerable communities
- Previous experience with humanitarian/human rights’ NGO will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical and administrative skills in managing educational programs and mainly primary education projects
- Experience in report writing and excellent computer skills
- Experience in training of trainers/facilitators skills
- Knowledge of Arabic or Farsi will be an advantage
- Proven academic or on-job training and understanding of the Project Cycle model in managing humanitarian assistance
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to
email@example.com by the deadline, mentioning in the email subject “SN Educational Officer (Greek Language_BRC).
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.