Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time (morning or evening shift)
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
Position Summary: Interpreter is expected to ensure mediation and interpretation from and to beneficiaries of the Athens Solidarity Center Social, Legal, employability counselling/psychologist or Reception Service and within the function of complementary Services (Accountancy Support). In addition, should be able to contribute to the identification of the most vulnerable in cooperation with Professional Aid Workers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Intercultural Mediation -Interpretation
- Mediate with beneficiaries while briefings or sessions are conducted
- Ensure accurate and precise information is passed to the beneficiaries in an understandable and culturally acceptable way
- Data base and Case related info management
- Filling and registering all cases and actions to the DataBase upon instructions of the supervisor
- Maintain hard and electronic files archive updated
- Perform entries in the data base system as required by the above
- Mentioned tasks
- Participate in Field Trips and Assessments as requested and directed by Supervisor
- Brief and debrief beneficiaries for running programs availability and inform for any relevant change
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid
- Accompany team members in occasional field visits /FU visits to houses of beneficiaries
- Fluent in Farsi/Dari, Urdu and Pashto
- Previous Experience in Relevant Position
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues (Asylum processes, Relocation –new Law)
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organised and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Fluent in Greek or English
- Field Working Experience entry points, Camps/Temporary Settlement or mobile units serving refugee population
- Proven Engagement in Refugee Focused Projects (e.g Assessments, Surveys, Missions in Islands or to the borders)
- Fluent in Pashto
Interested candidates should submit in a single document their Resume/CV with an introductory text in English to: email@example.com by August 13th , 2021 mentioning in the email subject “Farsi Interpreter_Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by August 13th , 2021 .
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.