Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
- Provides Greek language classes for adult beneficiaries of international protection residing in urban areas
- Collaborates with other teachers and contributes to the creation of educational materials related to the integration of beneficiaries of international protection.
- Creates materials for classes (lesson plans) and monitors the progress of students
- Oversees distributions of teaching and learning materials according to the beneficiaries’ needs
- Ensures on-going monitoring, tracking and reporting of classes
- Develops and maintains effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy
- Supports soft skills education and implementation of outdoor activities linked to the curriculum of the programme
- Prepares the project beneficiaries for the Greek language examinations targeted at the certification of different levels of proficiency in the use of the Greek language.
- Excellent Greek and English
- Degree – Bachelor degree in primary education or Greek philology
- Certification of the teaching qualification of Trainers for Adults in non-formal education (attributed by National Organization for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance)
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development and implementation
- Experience in report writing and excellent computer skills
- Experience teaching Greek as a second or foreign language will be an advantage
- Master’s degree in teaching Greek as a second or foreign language or Intecultural Education or any other relevant field will be an advantage
- Experience in training of trainers/facilitators skills will be an advantage
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “SN Greek Language Educational Officer/ Integration_Ioannina”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by December 01st, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.