Status: Full Time (morning or evening shift)
The Athens Solidarity Centre (ASC) aims to provide holistic support to individuals at risk of social marginalisation and exclusion and paves the way towards their empowerment and self-reliance. Through the operation of the ASC, SolidarityNow aims to provide increased opportunities for integration and social inclusion for vulnerable individuals through the provision of a comprehensive package of services including psychosocial support, employability, legal aid and accounting. Services are provided irrespective of their nationality, religion, race and social status. The Athens Solidarity Centre along with the Thessaloniki Solidarity Centre – successfully operating since January 2014 – consists the backbone of SolidarityNow’s strategy to alleviate the suffering of the those in need while actively working towards a more proactive, open, just and democratic society.
Position Summary: Interpreter is expected to ensure mediation and interpretation from and to beneficiaries of Athens Solidarity Center Social /Legal/counselling or Reception Service and within the function of complementarity Services (Accountancy Support) In addition, should be able to contribute to the identification of most vulnerable in cooperation with Professional Aid Workers
Position within the Organization:
Hierarchical Responsible: ASC Supportive Services Coordinator
Functioning Lines: ASC Officers, Social Workers, Legal Aid Team Members, SN Accommodation Projects, Implementing Partners Social Services
Intercultural Mediation -Interpretation
- Mediate with beneficiaries while briefings or sessions are conducted
- Ensure accurate and precise information is passed to the beneficiaries in an understandable and culturally acceptable way
- Data base and Case related info management
- Filling and registering all cases and actions to the DataBase upon instructions of the supervisor
- Maintain hard and electronic files archive updated
- Perform entries in the data base system as required by the above mentioned tasks
- Collaborate with appointed persons for in kind aid or any other additional provision available
- Participate in Field Trips and Assessments as requested and directed by Supervisor
- Participate with the team members in occasional field visits /FU visits to houses of beneficiaries/escorts to hospitals.
Required qualifications and skills
- Fluent in Arabic, French and Greek or English
- Previous Experience in Relevant Position
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues (Asylum processes, Relocation –new Law)
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Fluent in Greek or English
- Field Working Experience entry points, Camps/Temporary Settlement or mobile units serving refugee population
- Proven Engagement in Refugee Focused Projects (e.g Assessments, Surveys, Missions in Islands or to the borders)
Interested Candidates shall submit in a single document their Resume/CV with an intro Text (motivation) in English: email@example.com not later than by Monday 17th February 2020.
Both the Document and the e mail shall have as title the ASC- Job title followed by their Surname:
E.g ASC Interpreter – SURNAME. Please follow the Titling System for your application to be considered
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.