Τοποθεσία: Thessaloniki Roving
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides clear and accurate interpretation services, during individual sessions with the beneficiaries (e.g. for legal & employability counselling);
- Provides clear and accurate interpretation services, during informative sessions, briefings, trainings etc;
- Provides written translation of documents to/or Kurdish and English/Greek;
- In coordination with other team colleagues, participates in fieldtrips and other external activities;
- In coordination with other team colleagues, ensures that all beneficiaries feel comfortable and safe to share their concerns freely;
- Respects the code of conduct of the organization, with emphasis on confidentiality;
- Welcomes beneficiaries in a professional and friendly way;
- Provides interpretation services through phone calls or remotely, when needed;
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned by the respective Project Coordinator;
Required qualifications and skills
- Excellent command of Kurdish
- Excellent command of Greek and/or English language;
- Minimum one-year professional experience as an interpreter or cultural mediator;
- Familiar with protection issues related to refugee population;
- High professional ethics;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support and respect;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in multi-ethnic environment; Cross Culturally Aware and flexible;
- Strong team player;
- Well organized and efficient, flexible, able to handle pressure well and adapt in different working environments;
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered an asset
- Field Working Experience in Camps/Temporary Settlements of refugee/migrant population
- Computer literacy
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to:
email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Interpreter Kurdish_ Thessaloniki Roving’’.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by November 11th, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.