Position: Interpreter (Kurmanji, Badini and/or Sorani)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides clear and accurate interpretation services, during educational activities for adult beneficiaries of international protection;
- Provides clear and accurate interpretation services, during informative sessions, briefings, trainings etc;
- Provides written translation of documents to English or Greek;
- In coordination with other team colleagues, participates in field-trips and other external activities;
- In coordination with other team colleagues, ensures that all beneficiaries feel comfortable and safe to share their concerns freely, as well as participate in classes and other educational activities;
- Respects the code of conduct of the organization, with emphasis on confidentiality;
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned by the respective Team Leader.
- Excellent command of Kurmanji, Badini and/or Sorani;
- Excellent command of English and/or Greek;
- Minimum one-year professional experience as an interpreter or cultural mediator;
- Familiar with protection issues related to refugee population;
- High professional ethics;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with children of all ages, background and diversity;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in multi-ethnic environment; Cross Culturally Aware and flexible;
- Strong team player;
- Well organized and efficient, flexible, able to handle pressure well and adapt in different working environments;
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered an asset
- Field Working Experience in Camps/Temporary Settlements of refugee/migrant population
- Computer literacy
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN Interpreter_Drama”.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by Monday, September 16th 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.