Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 2- The job holder will have sporadic contact with children
- The IT officer is a combination of IT support and data management. S/he manages and administers database management systems. S/he ensures information coherence, quality, security, and permanent accessibility. S/he is responsible for the statistical analysis of data and any relevant modification/maintenance that the database may need. S/he also supports the software updates and changes and maintain the IT system. Installs and configures software and hardware for servers and workstations. Supports and ensures connectivity needs coverage. He/she is responsible for setting up the databases with information for the project, collecting and compiling the necessary data, conducting visits to field teams when requested.
S/he reports to the Project Coordinator.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Statistical analysis of the data (excel)
- Assist in managing routine data collection, including data monitoring
- Ensure data management procedures meet established deadlines
- Provide support in data reporting both to teams and managers
- Assist in maintaining correct and up-to-date project data and relevant records
- Use and contribute to maintaining a data system containing confidential information
- Contribute to reporting and provision of accurate and up to date information to project coordinator
- Assist with preparation of trends analysis and reporting
- Compiles projects and activities’ data and informs the relevant database and collection tool.
- Supports field teams on how to collect and analyze relevant project information.
- Carry out capacity building activities and trainings relating to quality data collection and reporting for project staff
- Participates to any other task to achieve the project’s objectives, including admin tasks.
- Technical Support on Excel Databases
- First Level Support to Users (Hardware and Software Troubleshooting)
- Installing New and Maintaining the Current IT infrastructure
- LAN/WAN/VPN/WI-FI Networking Configuration and Troubleshooting
- Monitoring, Upgrade and Maintenance on Network Devices (Servers, Routers, Switches, Printers, Access Points)
- Monitoring, Troubleshooting and Maintenance on PBX’s (Auerswald, IPecs)
- Office 365 Administration (Azure AD, Exchange, SharePoint, Teams)
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems Administration (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File Sharing)
- Focal Point for the Repair and Maintenance of All the IT Equipment in North Greece and Epirus
- Set up workstations, user accounts, permissions, and passwords (Microsoft Active Directory, Azure, Office 365, Dynamic CRM)
- Maintaining the Inventory and Keeping Track of all Movements of ICT Equipment in North Greece and Epirus
- Training Staff on IT Equipment and Commonly used Software Including Microsoft O365 Suite
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls
- Upgrade systems and workstations with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar position
- University Degree in Information Technology, Statistics math and/or related field.
- Database management experience & excel .
- Understanding and knowledge of the humanitarian context and civil society environment in Greece. Respect of humanitarian principles.
- Experience in working with NGOs and/or client-oriented services would be appreciated.
- Sound knowledge of two of the following languages: Greek, English.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to
email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “IT Officer _ Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by 20th of June 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.