Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 2||The job holder will have sporadic contact with children|
Legal Services Provision
- Direct legal aid to refugees, migrants, and Greek citizens: provide with legal information and advice individually or in group sessions;
- Court representation
- Referrals: gaps and other services; refer cases to other entities as appropriate and by providing rigorous follow up, ensure that these cases proceed towards resolution
- Case management: Resolve problems through mediation or other informal dispute resolution mechanisms, where appropriate; intervene with a wide range of activities that vary from information provision to court representation
- Maintain records of all activities
- Provide legal assistance, administrative procedures
- Handle the identified legal cases upon requests
- Provide individual counselling on e.g. the asylum procedure (also Dublin procedure, relocation, etc.) international protection, refugee law and individual rights, following up on cases and other cases that need legal assistance
- Identify vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid
- Deal with migration, administrative, criminal law, and civil rights
Data base and Case related info management
- Filling and registering all cases and actions to the Database appropriate
- Brief and Full Legal History taking
- Updating the hard and electronic files per case
- Maintain hard and electronic files archive updated
- Perform entries in the data base system as required by the above-mentioned tasks
- Work with different teams to provide basic outreach information on legal rights to beneficiaries
- Work cohesively with other TSC Services-colleagues to ensure referrals are made efficiently and in a confidential manner, in kind aid or any other additional provision available is properly facilitated
- Participate in field trips and assessments as requested and directed by the project manager if needed
- Perform other duties, related to the basic Job Description as requested by the project manager
Required qualifications and skills
- Legal Studies Degree
- Registered in Official Bar Association
- 5 years working experience in practicing Law, at least 3 year of court experience
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitiveness
- Awareness and ability to work with survivors of war, torture, gender-based violence and the sensitivities and confidentiality measures that this involves
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal, teamworking & communications skills
- High professional ethics, including strict confidentiality of clients
- Fluent in both Greek and English (both written and spoken)
- Knowledge of French is an asset
- Field working experience in entry points, Camps/Temporary Settlement, mobile units serving refugee population
- Familiar with Specific Studies or Proven Engagement in Refugee Focused Projects (e.g. Assessments, Surveys, Missions in Islands or to the borders), Refugee and Migration Law
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs, as well as Civil Society organizations or initiatives will be considered as a strong advantage
Interested candidates should submit in a single document their Resume/CV with an introductory text in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 24th, 2020 mentioning in the email subject “SN Lawyer_TSC”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by July 24th, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.