Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children.
Reports To: Regional Director N. Greece / ASC Senior Lawyer
The lawyer will provide comprehensive legal aid, counseling, and representation to vulnerable individuals, with a focus on refugees and migrants.
Legal Services Provision
- Provide individual legal counseling and information as required and requested by beneficiaries, including on the asylum procedure, migration law, international protection and individual rights, family reunification, and other cases that need legal assistance.
- Provide legal assistance in administrative procedures regarding issuing of birth certificate, tax number, work permit and the like.
- Undertake legal cases and legally represent in courts if necessary and depending on the availability of resources.
- Ensure referrals internally and externally.
- Brief and full Social -Legal History taking
- Identify vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid.
- Preparation of internal reports and collection and uploading information to SN database.
- Collaborate with SN Advocacy Manager for the design and implementation of effective advocacy and policy actions to improve the situation for programme beneficiaries.
- Brief and debrief beneficiaries for running programs availability and inform for any relevant change.
- Perform other duties related to the Job Description as requested by the Supervisor.
Required qualifications and skills
- Legal Studies Degree
- Lawyers Permission of Work
- 3-5 years working experience in practicing Law with experience supporting refugees and migrants.
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Awareness and ability to work with survivors of Gender-based violence and the sensitivities and the necessary confidentiality measures.
- Expertise in Child Protection cases and supporting survivors of Gender-Based Violence
- Understanding and willingness to promote gender equality and understand different vulnerabilities, needs and capacities of men, women, boys and girls.
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Excellent interpersonal & communications skills.
- Fluent in English and Greek (both written and spoken).
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken), other languages (French, Arabic, Farsi an advantage)
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Lawyer_ Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) no later than August 4th, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.