Location: Thessaloniki – Blue Refugee Center
Starting Date: ASAP
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 1||The job holder does not have contact with children|
Legal Services Provision
- Provide individual counseling on e.g. the asylum procedure/ international protection/ refugee laws and individual rights follow up on cases regarding the European Relocation scheme, Family Reunification, and other cases that need legal assistance
- Provide legal assistance in administrative procedures regarding issuing of birth certificate, tax number, work permit and the like
- Handle the identified legal cases from the sites
- Undertake legal cases and legally represent to the court if necessary and depending on the availability of resources
- Ensure referrals internally and externally, and be in close collaboration with Thessaloniki Solidarity Center’s legal team
- Identify vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid
Reporting and Case related info management
- Filling and registering all cases and actions in relevant reports
- Brief and full Social -Legal History taking
- Update the hard and electronic files per case
- Maintain hard and electronic files archive updated
- Prepare regular reports (i.e. weekly, monthly) and upon request
- Perform entries in the reporting system as required by the above
- Collaborate with appointed persons and project managers of the Accommodation program.
- Brief and debrief beneficiaries for running programs availability and inform for any relevant change.
- Perform other duties, related to the basic Job Description as requested by the Supervisor.
Required qualifications and skills
- Legal Studies Degree
- Lawyers Permission of Work
- 3-5 years working experience in practicing Law (at least 6 months in project serving refugees and migrants population)
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitiveness
- Awareness and ability to work with survivors of Gender-based violence and the sensitivities and confidentiality measures that this involves.
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal, team working & communications skills
- Understanding and willingness to promote gender equality and understand different vulnerabilities, needs and capacities of men, women, boys and girls
- High professional ethics, including strict confidentiality of clients
- Native in Greek
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Specific Studies or Proven Engagement in Refugee Focused Projects (e.g Assessments, Surveys, Missions in Islands or to the borders)
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered as a strong advantage
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, April 29th, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “SN Lawyer BRC”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.