Status: Full time
Position: Local Coordinator – Education for Integration
The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of project management and the successful implementation of the project in Athens in cooperation with overall Project Coordinator and SN’s Programmes Department. (S)he will provide broad administrative, programmatic and financial support to the project, including direct assistance to the implementation AND close monitoring and evaluation of the undertaken initiatives. Under the guidance of the overall Project Coordinator, the successful candidate will be able to multitask, perform vigorous follow up and get directly involved in the implementation of different activities related to the beneficiaries of the integration project.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinating the operational and administrative actions, ensuring that planned activities are implemented according to the approved project documents, in close cooperation with overall Project Coordinator, project staff, HQ teams and donor, in compliance with contractual obligations and in accordance with the SolidarityNow’s and Donor’s Policies and Procedures;
- Contact point for all communication with the donor regarding project implementation in Athens, in collaboration with overall Project Coordinator;
- Communication and coordination with SN departments (HR, Logistics, Finance) to ensure the effective implementation of the project in Athens;
- Supervision and direct management of 2 teams based in Athens;
- Monitoring the activities and the results achieved against the project indicators;
- Oversight of project data collection and monitoring and compiling project indicators and reporting;
- Elaborating and following implementation plans and timetables;
- Producing progress, activity and other reports as per request and ensuring that all project reporting (internal and external) is completed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Planning the project expenditure and ensuring the compliance of expenditure of budgets with donor requirements, in coordination with overall Project Coordinator;
- Maintaining liaison and collaboration relationships with donor, authorities and other stakeholders in Athens;
- Conducting field visits/work and participating in field activities on an ad hoc basis;
- Contributing to the development of management, logistics, administrative and monitoring tools and techniques for staff members;
- Performing any other tasks related to the implementation of the project as requested by the Donor and overall Project Coordinator.
Required qualifications and skills
- University degree (preferably Master’s) from an accredited academic institution in Humanities, Social Science, Law, Political Sciences, International Relations or related;
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Project Management preferably in the NGO/humanitarian sector;
- Experience with institutional donors’ regulations and requirements;
- Knowledge of PCM and financial management;
- Experience in working with IOs, NGOs as well as with governmental and local authorities;
- Fluent in English and Greek;
- Good knowledge and competence of IT applications and software;
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate;
- Understanding the socio-economic hardship aspects faced by the target beneficiaries, demonstrating high cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work under high pressure with a great level of personal organization.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Local Coordinator – Education for Integration”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by August 19, 2019.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.