Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
The Mother & Baby Support Officer provides psychoeducational and informative activities to mothers, on pre-natal or post-natal issues. The main aim of this position is to enhance the role of maternity and provide information related to child-care. The holder of this position should be aware on any practical issues connected to mother-child relationship, taking into consideration and respecting the skills and cultural background of each. She is finally responsible for the supervision of the space in which she performs her duties during working hours.
- Ensure a safe and friendly atmosphere for the focus team of the project
- Organize info-sessions related to maternity, pregnancy, birth, and baby/child growing-up
- Support mother and child well-being
- Focus on practical issues for the above-mentioned subjects
- Identify vulnerable cases and provide support
- Care for the needs of any mother/child who visits the relevant space and liaise between any relevant services if necessary
- Liaise with parents and the child support officer regularly to keep them informed of any developments or problems
- Screen for and monitor protection needs and gaps
- Ensure activities consistent with programme guidelines
- Diploma/Education related to Obstetrics/Midwifery
- Experienced in midwife tasks
- Education on Social Sciences (i.e., Education, Psychology, Social Work etc) will be highly appreciated
- At least one (1) year experience in working with migrant/refugee children
- Fluency in Greek and English. Knowledge of Arabic/Farsi will be highly appreciated.
- Good communication and facilitation skills
- Cross cultural awareness and flexibility
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to organize short-presentations and guide discussions between the beneficiaries of the project
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Mother & Baby Support Officer_Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by September 06th, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.