Τοποθεσία: Thessaloniki Integration Learning Center
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
The Μ&Τ Facilitator provides educational activities and creatively engages toddlers (0-2 years old) during the M&T Integration Course. M&T stands for «Mothers and Toddlers» and is a class that derives from the need to include beneficiaries of the HELIOS program unable to attend language classes due to their children’s age and needs. The basic goal of the program is to ensure the learning of the Greek language to the mothers whilst caregiving for the toddlers. As both activities take place in the same space, the M&T facilitator should encourage interaction between Mothers and Toddlers and design activities harmonized with the developmental stage of the specific age group.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure a safe and child-friendly atmosphere for the toddlers, who visit ILC with their parents
- Ensure a variety of games and activities within the classroom, catering to the needs of children aged between 0 and 2 years and respecting their gender, abilities, and cultural background.
- Ensure that children feel comfortable, safe, and respected
- Liaise with parents and the community regularly to keep them informed of any developments or problems within the M&T Space and surrounding areas
- Screen for and monitor protection needs and gaps in and around the Child-Friendly Space
- Ensure that recreational activities are consistent with program guidelines
- Perform administrative procedures related to the activities in the M&T
- Reporting of activities, observations, and feedback from the beneficiaries.
- Other tasks as requested by her/his line manager
- Degree/Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Infant Care, or relevant field
- Working experience with toddlers (aged between 0-2) and children 5-12
- Fluency in Greek and English. Knowledge of Arabic/Farsi will be highly appreciated
- Basic IT skills
- Good communication and facilitation skills
- Cross-cultural awareness and flexibility
- Experience with migrant/refugee children/toddlers will be an asset
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Mother-Toddler Space Facilitator_ ILC Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by April 10th, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.