Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure a safe and child-friendly atmosphere for the toddlers, who visit ILC with their parents
- Ensure a variety of games and activities within the classroom, catering to the needs of children aged between 0 and 2 years and respecting their gender, abilities and cultural background
- Ensure that children feel comfortable, safe, and respected
- Liaise with parents and the community regularly to keep them informed of any developments or problems within the Child Friendly Space and surrounding areas
- Screen for and monitor protection needs and gaps in and around the Child Friendly Space
- Ensure recreational activities consistent with programme guidelines
- Degree/Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Infant Care or relevant field
- Working experience with toddlers (aged between 0-2) and children 5-12
- Fluency in Greek and English. Knowledge of Arabic/Farsi will be highly appreciated
- Good communication and facilitation skills
- Cross cultural awareness and flexibility
- Experience with migrant/refugee children/toddlers will be an asset
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Mother-Toddler Space Facilitator_ILC Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by November 20th, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.