Position: SN Press and Event Officer
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Internal: Head of Communications, Program Coordinator Northern Greece, Communications Manager, Press & Event Officer.
To lead our press office work, delivering high impact and influential news stories in broadcast, print and online media in Thessaloniki and northern Greece. To organize and co-ordinate proactively SN events and stimulate participation in communications initiatives in the wider region of N. Greece.
- Increase awareness of SN within media and various stakeholders.
- Develop relationships with key-media and build a strong database of Press/Media contacts.
- Build a database of Communications officers in leading NGOs and relevant organisations.
- Identify opportunities, in conjunction with Communications team, to increase SN’s brand profile and mandate as an influential voice and actor on humanitarian issues.
- Write Press Releases and press statements based on operational needs.
- Organize press briefings and press conferences.
- Write strong human stories highlighting the impact of programs for both SN digital communications and media.
- Organise campaign events and stunts.
- Produce a range of digital content for SN campaigns and external communications.
- Innovate to ensure SN’s tactics are effective, cutting edge and respond to external trends and lessons.
- Create social media posts with engaging content which tie in with programs’ goals.
- Manage social media group, promoting specific projects in northern Greece.
- Facilitate creative, innovative approaches to communications initiatives that will influence key targets.
- Help increase SN staff knowledge and skills on relevant media/ communications issues
- Support the co-ordination of cross-team and cross-departmental project groups and help facilitate effective communication.
- Attend and contribute to departmental meetings, staff briefings and conferences.
- Represent SN externally as acting spokesperson and through networking.
- Protect SN’s reputation, by ensuring implementing crisis management media strategies as required.
- Organize weekly and monthly work-plans of communication priorities and external opportunities.
- Undertake other tasks & responsibilities that the Head of Communications deems necessary and appropriate.
- Produce reporting lists as above and inform accordingly the Manager.
- Filling and registering all actions to the reporting lists
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven success at pitching stories to the media and working with journalists
- Ability to write accurate and engaging editorial, blogs and press releases to a high standard
- Strong social media and digital content experience
- Experience of working with a range of people inside and outside own organisation to achieve communications objectives
- Experience of organising events, actions and initiatives
- Experience working in a cross-organisational team to deliver on projects/ strategies
- Strong persuading and influencing skills, both internally and externally
- Ability to translate complicated ideas into clear messages in plain language
- Good negotiation, networking, inter-personal and facilitation skills
- Ability to proactively identify and create opportunities to achieve communications objectives
- Public speaking skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who can work well in a team
- Strong interest in current affairs and the humanitarian and international development sectors.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN Press and Event officer_ Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Not later than by Friday 28th of April 2017. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.