Job Title: Programme Officer for the Active Citizens Fund (ACF)
Reporting: The Programme Officer will report to the Deputy Director of the Active Citizens Fund (ACF)
Position: Part Time
Starting Date: ASAP
The Active Citizens Fund:
The Active Citizens Fund in Greece is supported through a € 12m grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway as part of the EEA Grants 2014 – 2021 financial mechanism. The program aims to develop the sustainability and capacity of the civil society sector in Greece, and to strengthen its role in promoting and safeguarding democratic procedures, active citizenship and human rights. The Fund Operator for the Active Citizens Fund in Greece is Bodossaki Foundation in consortium with SolidarityNow.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Evaluating project proposals/ grant applications and preparing relevant reports and recommendations to the competent bodies of the ACF Programme
- Monitoring progress and evaluating the social impact of the funded projects. Review progress reports
- Conducting financial controls and review relevant financial reports (in collaboration with Finance dpt)
- Regularly contacting organisations to follow up on project implementation and to improve the efficiency and sustainability of projects
- Conducting regular site visits
- Management of project budgets (in collaboration with Finance dpt)
- Building partnerships, develop collaborations and synergies
- Preparing grant letters/ project agreements (in collaboration with Legal dpt)
- Regularly communicating with other organisations, public authorities, grassroots organizations
- Representing the Programme in relevant fora including regular working groups and thematic conferences in Greece and abroad
- Preparing and reviewing financial and other documentation to support audits
- Preparing internal and external programme reports
- Managing project data
- Carrying out administrative actions relating to the implementation of projects / grants
Job Requirements / Skills Required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor and Master’s degree in relevant field (i.e. humanities, social sciences, legal. Degree in Human Rights will be considered a plus)
- Sound knowledge and experience of the NGO humanitarian sector in Greece
- Project management skills regarding development, staffing, budgeting and scheduling
- Fluency in Greek and English
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint). Knowledge of workflow and CRM will be appreciated
- Excellent organization skills
- Confidence in working on own initiative, while being part of a team
- Team player
- Excellent communications skills
Interested candidates send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com not later than by June 17th , 2020 mentioning in the email subject “Programme Officer for the Active Citizens Fund (ACF)”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by June 17th , 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.