Τοποθεσία: Thessaloniki (frequent travel required)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 2 – The job holder will have sporadic contact with children
Reports To: Regional Director
- Oversee the implementation of a FFS project for refugee population, incorporating in refugee camps all over Greece. Work in close cooperation with the project staff, key stakeholders, other departments and partners, and in compliance with all contractual obligations towards the donor and in accordance with the SolidarityNow SOPs.
- Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the organization. Support problem-solving related to FFS issues, as well as practical and logistical challenges arising in the field.
- Collaborate with responsible staff on the development and execution of project plans and monitoring processes and results achieved against the project indicators.
- Oversee the hiring process for project field staff, in collaboration with the HR department, per organizational HR policies and programmatic needs.
- Follow implementation plans and timetables.
- Submit progress reports as needed, externally and internally.
- Lead and motivate the team, monitor activities, and coordinate work.
- Collaborate with FFS staff in order to coordinate the design of a curriculum tailored to refugee needs and support its implementation through guidance and review when necessary.
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partner organizations to guarantee implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in grant agreements.
- Employ resourcefulness in project implementation and monitoring. Identify and suggest creative solutions.
- Conduct field visits on a regular basis, and work and participate in field activities on an ad hoc basis.
- Perform any other task related to the implementation of the project as requested.
- Assist the field teams with the overall planning of the assigned project’s activities.
- Monitor budget absorption in cooperation with the Regional Director and the Finance department.
- University degree (preferably Master’s) in Humanities, Social Science, Law, Political Sciences, International Relations or related;
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Project Management preferably in the NGO/humanitarian sector;
- Familiarity with the Greek education context;
- Experience with institutional donors’ regulations and requirements;
- Knowledge of PCM and financial management;
- Experience in working with IOs, NGOs as well as with governmental and local authorities;
- Fluent in English and Greek;
- Good knowledge and competence of IT applications and software;
- Ability to work under a distance-management scheme;
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate;
- Understanding the socio-economic hardship aspects faced by the target beneficiaries, demonstrating high cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work under high pressure with a great level of personal organization
- Excellent writing and facilitation skills.
- Strong communication and representational skills.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Ability to work alone and on one’s own initiative, efficient multi-tasking.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Project Manager_FFS”
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by Sunday, 4th April 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.