Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
The Psychologist supports persons of concern with the objective of providing timely and effective psychological support, as well as implementing protection interventions. The incumbent must be able to apply a counseling method both to groups and individuals.
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 3||The job holder will have regular contact with children.|
Psychosocial Services-Psychological Aid Provision
- Provide comprehensive package of Psychological Aid Services to the beneficiaries
- Providing Counseling and guidance
- Ensure referrals internally and externally
- Identify vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid
- Provide case management for child protection cases
- Able to manage SGBV cases
- Liaise with competent authorities and professionals (doctors, public prosecutor etc) in managing cases of SGBV
- Case related info management
Case related info management
- Filling and registering all cases and actions to the reporting lists
- Brief and full social history taking
- Updating the hard and electronic files per case
Job Requirements / Skills Required
- University Degree in Psychology and Counseling
- Psychologist Permission of Work
- 3 years’ experience in Relevant Position (at least 6 months in project serving refugees and migrants population)
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs, as well as Civil Society organizations or initiatives will be considered as a strong advantage
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues
- Understanding and willingness to promote gender equality and understand different vulnerabilities, needs and capacities of men, women, boys and girls
- Understanding of psychological needs and issues for survivors of Gender-based Violence
- Understanding of protection principles and humanitarian framework
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a multi-cultural setting
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Native in Greek
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Field Working Experience entry points, Camps/Temporary Settlement or mobile units serving refugee population
- Specific Studies or Proven Engagement in Refugee Focused Projects (e.g Assessments, Surveys, Missions in Islands or to the borders)
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com Wednesday, February 14th, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “SN_ Psychologist_TSC”
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.