Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
Reports To: ASC Coordinator
The Reception Manager is the face of the Athens Solidarity Centre and takes on the role of welcoming beneficiaries, understanding their needs, and facilitating their access to receive support from the centre.
The Athens Solidarity Centre (ASC) aims to support marginalised and vulnerable individuals residing in and around Athens to empower them to become active and productive members of society. The ASC is a unique “one-stop-shop” with an open-door policy addressing the needs of vulnerable individuals regardless of nationality, religion, or background, offering a comprehensive package of complementary services.
Provision of first line support to beneficiaries
- Greet beneficiaries, sharing information about the ASC, the services provided, and the process required to access them.
- Provide information and referrals about complementary services provided outside the ASC.
- Ensure proper registration of beneficiaries in accordance with ASC operating system (issuing cards, managing ASC database, ensuring GDPR process)
- Coordinate scheduling of appointments, ensuring the prioritization of vulnerable cases.
- Respond to incoming calls, sharing relevant information, taking messages etc.
- Lead bi-annual mapping of organisations supporting ASC beneficiary groups to assist referral process.
Supervision of ASC reception and interpreters
- Supervise the effective reception of beneficiaries and guests at the ASC
- Supervise the Reception Officer and interpreters, including scheduling and performance evaluations.
Logistics and Admin Responsibilities
- Admin and logistic tasks to support the daily operation of the ASC (preparation of purchase requests, expense reports, filing invoices, contracts etc.)
- Ensuring adherence with GDPR and other protocols (including informing beneficiaries about process, completing and managing relevant paperwork).
- Carry out minor expenses (<100 euro) associated with the function of the ASC, in collaboration with ASC Coordinator.
- Respond to any requests for research or media related issue, in collaboration with the ASC Coordinator and SN Communications Manager.
- To provide support in the organisation of events, gatherings and meetings organized at the ASC.
- Closely collaborate with Municipality Services on the ground floor as to enhance coordination and the well function of the services
- Participate the weekly coordination meetings
Required qualifications and skills:
- University or advanced education degree
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working to support vulnerable groups
- Cross cultural awareness and understanding
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Great communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in Greek and English (both written and spoken)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Reception Manager_Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by November 10th, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.