Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Reports to the Project Coordinator
Technical links with the Fin, HR and Log departments
The Roving Field Support Staff serves as a point of contact and link between the coordination team and the South Greece field teams, working in refugee camps. She/he has to be positive and flexible to ensure effective organizational relations among staff.
- Monitor the needs of the teams in each camp, liaise and report the identified needs to the coordination team of the project
- Provide logistics and admin support for visits, meetings and workshops;
- Provide regular secretarial tasks, such as taking minutes of staff meetings, correspondence, updating general contact lists,;
- Support with escorts of vulnerable beneficiaries, as needed;
- Visiting the sites and supporting the teams in daily tasks;
- Collect and deliver receipts to the office;
- Collect and list field needs in terms of orders– follow-up on the procedure in coordination with the PM Admin Assistant – make sure to distribute items to the field;
- Undertake other tasks, per field needs;
- Handle travel authorization forms and collect time sheets;
- Participate in field trips and assessments, as requested by supervisor;
- Provides admin support relevant to labor law obligations to all refugee camps where SN staff is present;
- Responsible for project’s drivers’ relevant admin duties (gas invoices, vouchers for drivers, tolls receipts etc)
- Minimum of one year’s’ relevant work experience in social science or administration of programs, preferably in an NGO context
- Excellent IT skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English and Greek
- People-oriented with excellent communication skills
- Comfortable in managing multiple tasks, with a problem-solving aptitude
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Driving License, independent driver
- Degree in Social Science fields or management fields
- Former experience in NGO project management support function
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues
Interested candidates should submit in a single document their Resume/CV with an introductory text in English to: email@example.com by March 13th, 2020 mentioning in the email subject “Roving Field support staff”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by March 13th, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.