Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
Responsibilities and Duties
Social Services Provision
- Provide comprehensive package of Social Services to beneficiaries.
- Assess needs of beneficiaries and develop an intervention/pathway plan ensuring.
- Special needs of most vulnerable are identified and addressed
- Provide adequate information on available services and relevant procedures
- Provide comprehensive package of Social Services to the beneficiaries in (and if requested out) of SolidarityNow Premises
- Providing F2F Counseling, Guidance
- Ensure referrals internally and externally and follow up on referrals whilst always respecting confidentiality
- Identify particularly vulnerable individuals/groups and facilitate their access to available aid
- Perform occasional field visits /FU visits to houses of beneficiaries
Data base and Case related info management
- Brief and full social history taking
- Collaborate with other actors in the area (public sector, NGOs and INGOs) to link the beneficiaries with the services needed
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide a comprehensive case plan for beneficiaries
- Organize group activities for beneficiaries aiming to their empowerment
- Promote community engagement through structured activities
Required qualifications and skills
- Degree on Social Work or Psychology
- Permission of Work
- Experience in social work within the civil society sector, preferably working with vulnerable groups and refugees/migrants
- 3 years’ experience in relevant position (at least 2 years in Social Service and project serving refugees and migrants population)
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Native in Greek
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Field work experience, e.g. in camps or temporary settlements
- Interest and experience to work with vulnerable groups
- Knowledge of Arabic, French or Farsi
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Social scientist _ESTIA_ Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by November 25th, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.