Starting Date: 01/01/2020
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
Social Service Coordinator
- Directly supports beneficiaries through the use of simple communication and moral uplifting techniques;
- Assesses and addresses the social needs of the beneficiaries, identifies and follows up cases that require special care;
- Performs case management in cooperation with other project staff and potentially SN partners involved in services provision;
- Cooperates with interpreters where needed for the provision of her/his services;
- Closely cooperates with other team members, passing on the information and expressing the need for action clearly and concisely;
- Keeps social register files and statistical records of the caseload and services’ provision;
- Performs social work duties and undertakes procedures implementation when referral(s) to other services are required;
- Regular and ad hoc reporting and fact-finding.
Required qualifications and skills
- University degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Social Work, or Humanities and Social Sciences;
- Experience in social work within the civil society sector, preferably working with vulnerable groups and refugees/migrants;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate;
- Confidence with IT tools and software;
- Ability to work unsupervised and at flexible working schedules;
- Ability to troubleshoot and ease potential tensions between the project’s beneficiaries;
- Ability to perform fact-finding tasks; clearly articulate results in a fair and balanced way;
- Strong communication skills;
- Basic knowledge of the humanitarian sector and stakeholders in Athens;
- Previous experience in job entailing direct contact and exchange with groups of beneficiaries, clients, students etc.;
- Understanding and speaking of Arabic, Kurdish, Farsi, Pashtu or Urdu;
- Awareness of the cultural background of Arabic speaking and Asian (i.e. Afghani, Pakistani, Iranian) populations, in the context of the current people on the move emergency.
Interested candidates send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than by December 6th, 2019 mentioning in the email subject “Social Scientist_ Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by December 6, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.