Τοποθεσία: Thessaloniki (Thessaloniki Solidarity Center)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full- time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 3||The job holder will have regular contact with children|
Position Summary: The Social Worker is expected to provide psychosocial support, assess the needs, ensure proper case management for beneficiaries or referred beneficiaries while identifying vulnerabilities as to link up eligible cases with support and aid available
Position within the Organization:
Hierarchical Responsible: TSC Project Manager
Social Services Provision
- Provide comprehensive package of Social Services to all.
- Assess needs of beneficiaries and develop an intervention/pathway plan ensuring special needs of most vulnerable are identified and addressed
- Provide adequate information on available services and relevant procedures
- Provide comprehensive package of Social Services to the beneficiaries in (and if requested out) of TSC Premises
- Providing F2F Counseling, Guidance
- Ensure referrals internally and externally and follow up on referrals whilst always respecting confidentiality
- Identify particularly vulnerable individuals/groups and facilitate their access to available aid
Data base and Case related info management
- Brief and Full Social History taking
- Collaborate other actor in the area (public sector, NGOs and INGOs) to link the beneficiary with the services needed
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide a comprehensive case plan for beneficiaries
- Organize group activities for beneficiaries aiming to their empowerment
- Promote community engagement through structured activities
Required qualifications and skills
- Social Workers Degree
- Social Workers Permission of Work
- 3 years’ experience in Relevant Position
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Native in Greek
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Field Working Experience entry points, Camps/Temporary Settlement or mobile units serving refugee population
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues (Asylum processes)
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the subject line of the email subject “TSC_Social Worker”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by October 08th, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.