Τοποθεσία: Thessaloniki (Blue Refugee Center)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Part Time/ Fixed-term
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – Job holder will have regular contact with children.
Reports To: Team Leader
- Serve as a cultural liaison between Ukrainian-speaking individuals and local institutions, organizations, and service providers.
- Facilitate effective communication by interpreting and translating between Ukrainian and the local language to ensure clear understanding for all parties involved.
- Assist Ukrainian-speaking individuals in navigating various urban services such as healthcare facilities, educational institutions, government agencies, and community programs.
- Provide cultural sensitivity training to local staff and service providers to enhance cross-cultural interactions and avoid misunderstandings.
- Offer guidance and support to Ukrainian-speaking individuals in adapting to the urban environment, including helping them understand local customs, norms, and laws.
- Organize and participate in community events, workshops, and educational sessions that promote cultural exchange and awareness.
- Collaborate with other cultural mediators and community organizations to address specific challenges faced by the Ukrainian-speaking population.
- Stay updated on current trends, policies, and resources that are relevant to the Ukrainian community in the urban context.
- Compile and maintain accurate records of interactions, challenges, and successes for reporting and improvement purposes.
- Excellent command of Ukrainian
- Excellent command of Greek and/or English language
- Minimum two-year professional experience as a cultural mediator or interpreter
- Familiar with protection issues related to refugee population.
- High professional ethics
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support and respect.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in multi-ethnic environment; Cross Culturally Aware and flexible.
- Well organized and efficient, flexible, able to handle pressure well and adapt in different working environments.
- Computer literacy
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to
email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Ukrainian Cultural Mediator _ Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) no later than September 10th, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.