The following message is brought to you by UNHCR and Solidarity Now.
On April 28th the Greek state announced the gradual ease of coronavirus lockdown restrictions.
As of Monday May 4th
- The obligation to hold a movement permit in SMS or handwritten paper is lifted.
- Exercise outdoors and swimming in the sea is allowed, but not in organized beaches.
- The following shops will open: small shops, hair salons, bookstores, sports-stores, garden shops, optics shops.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory in public transportation, hospitals and highly recommended in closed spaces. Mandatory use of masks is applied to workers and customers in hair salons and supermarkets. Fines up to 150 Euro may be imposed for persons who do not wear masks.
- Public hospitals will reopen for surgeries and external patients.
On Monday May 11th
- Students of the 3rd Lyceum grade will return to classes.
- Retail stores will open
On Monday May 18th
- Students of 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gymnasium and 1st and 2nd Lyceum grade will return to classes.
- Zoo, botanical gardens,archaeological sites,gambling facilities will open
- Traffic movement from one region to another will be allowed.
Monday 1 June 2020
- Shopping malls and department stores will open
- Cafes, bars, restaurants will open but only allow customers in outdoors spaces.
- Remaining justice facilities, courts will open
For further announcements please see the UNHCR Help Website at help.unhcr.org/Greece/coronavirus
You may also hear the audio brought to you in 6 languages, by UNHCR & SolidarityNow
Post production: Mohammad Hashemi
About the music score: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/…